Saturday, March 31, 2007

some samples

I wanted to share some samples of my acrylic scrapbook albums. The first one is an 8 x8 album. One of my favorite features on this sample is that you can see every page through the cover. My inspiration was a quilt block. I continued the pattern of the circles on the turquoise paper onto the acrylic with a white gel pen.



The 8 x 8 albums are perfect for home decorations. The great thing is you can make 2 different signs with one album. Below are some samples I used the same technique on both signs. Attach the paper to the back of the acrylic with spray adhesive. Wrap ribbon around the front and back of the sign. Then attach letters to the front. I used Glue Dots for "Happy Easter" and Diamond Glaze for "Be Mine." I love how they turned out.

I also carry 1 1/2 in. square pendants. They come in a package of four and would make great gifts. I used spray adhesive to attach the paper to the back of the acrylic.

6 x 6 album
Another great technique to use on the acrylic is paint. I painted the back of the album cover with acrylic paint then sealed it with modge podge. I really think it comes out looking like a retro glass tile. Then I stamped the circles with Staz On ink on the front. I attached the butterfly with glue dots.


I am so excited about these products because of all the possibilities. Leave me a comment if you are interested in an album or pendant.

No comments: